It’s an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming. We are evolving and growing rapidly! As a result we are now looking for a seasoned, super talented Senior Game Artist to join the Media Molecule studio.
What you’ll be doing…..
As a Senior Artist at Media Molecule, you'll be involved in creating all aspects of game art, producing everything from concepts, environments and characters through to lighting, mood and atmosphere.
Working as part of a high performing, cross functional team, you will be confident presenting your ideas to the wider team and translating your vision into concise, well thought out pitches. In addition, you will be comfortable quickly navigating and building upon existing, inherited concepts.
As you will be participating in all phases of the design process, good social and communication skills are essential for success in this role.
What we’re looking for…..
- Significant previous experience in a similar Game Artist role, with multiple shipped AAA titles under your belt!
- A talented traditional artist with fluency in 3D packages including Maya/Zbrush.
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary studio team combined with strong optimisation skills and a solid understanding of design integration
- Excellent creative skills and insight.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to quickly and fluently translate ideas to punchy, concise pitches.
- Previous experience mentoring less experienced Artists
- Ability to own and deliver the art aspects of an area of the project from early concept stages to finalization and shipping , including all the integration with other departments, optimisation , and technical best practices required.
- A proactive, creative approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge of dreams art tools is a bonus.
- A good fundamental understanding how a game engine works is also highly desirable!