This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client is seeking a Senior Environment Artist to join their passionate and talented team.
The successful candidate will build awe inspiring worlds that play and perform well with high-quality assets that are delivered on time and within the technical specifications required for the game to perform to the highest standards.
- An up-to-date portfolio filled with examples of Environment work.
- In-depth understanding of shape, form and composition.
- Proven abilities in optimised 3D asset creation.
- Good experience of PBR workflows.
- Expertise with industry standard modelling tools such as 3D Studio Max and Maya.
- Familiarity working with Photoshop, Substance Painter.
- Strong communication skills.
- The capability to work well within a team.
- Experience with industry standard asset tracking software such as Jira.
- Produce standalone and modular Environment assets varying in scale and complexity.
- Model assets using reference photographs and concept Art materials.
- Collaborate with the Lead Environment Artist to create high quality environments in keeping with the project's visual direction.
- Create work within performance specifications under strict deadlines.
- Review and implement your work using the game editor.
- Trouble shoot asset errors and action creative feedback.
- Work closely with other sub-disciplines such as Level Design, Lighting, VFX and Tech Art.
- Mentor junior level staff through knowledge sharing.
- Knowledge of the impact of Environment Art on Level Design.
- Unreal Engine 4+ experience
- Familiarity with supporting software such as Zbrush and Substance Designer.
- Combination of hard surface and foliage asset modelling skills.
- Set dressing and beautification pass experience.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 417!