OPMs client is the largest VR developer in the world creating a true multi-platform AAA VR action shooter based on a global franchise.
They are kicking off development on new AAA VR projects, they are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Environment Artist who can aid them in their mission!
As a Senior Environment Artist, you’d build, populate and light levels from inception to completion in conjunction with the level designers.
Additionally, you can create high-quality 3D assets for those levels. You also mentor, guide and motivate other artist to deliver a high-end Virtual Reality experience.
- Previous involvement of working on a console or PC game development experience in an agile team
- Experience in building worlds in engine (Unity Engine preferred). Including lighting, time of day, fog/skyboxes, palette control, and post-process effects
- Understanding of modularity and environment systems used in fast, iterative, and efficient production
- Experience and understanding of content creation and optimization
- Understanding of modern materials and shaders in a high level of proficiency with Maya/3DSMax/Blender, Zbrush, and Substance Designer/Painter
- Strong traditional art fundamentals, e.g. the function of form, colour, proportions, and shape
- Experience with mobile and/or VR development
- Ability to create materials (Unity, HLSL) and scripting (Unity Blueprint, MEL, Python)
- Experience with 3rd party tools which can increase the quality and efficiency in how they build environments
- Can create environmental VFX (e.g. shaders, particle systems)
- Works alongside the art director to ensure consistency in quality and style in the environment art
- Closely co-operates with level designers in crafting a detailed world that supports immersion and the player experience
- Collaborates with leads to identify and commission art assets for external production
- Creates and integrates environment art assets into the game engine, from functional block out to final polish (fully dressed with props, dynamic assets, and lighting)
- Identifies potential performance bottlenecks, addressing them ahead of time and when they crop up
- Mentors more junior artists in industry best practices and personal creative growth
- Coordinates with lead and production to maintain a clear and consistent view of planning
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Room to learn, grow and share your creative input
- Flexible working hours
- Pension plan
- Relocation assistance is offered.
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!