OPMs client is looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join their rapidly growing team to work on an exciting AAA project.
As a Senior Environment Artist, you will create and develop AAA quality foliage, rocks and organic environments. You will work with the Lead Artist to develop new processes and ultimately forge environments that follow the requirements set out by the Art Director. You will also work with your team and producers to plan and track your work, identify issues and solutions to increase the visual quality of our games.
The successful candidate will be working on a new AAA arcade racing title for Gen 5 consoles with a dynamic team, your key responsibility is to push for quality and efficiency wherever possible. Your role collaborates with all art and design teams to help define and assist flexible content pipelines, working collaboratively on new cutting edge features, whilst always searching for ways to improve our clients practice.
- Experience as a senior supporting a lead within a team and guiding other artists
- Knowledge of multiple art and animation pipelines
- A strong background in creating terrain and populating with instance foliage/assets
- Proven experience in creating believable 3D assets for AAA console games
- Excellent knowledge of creating PBR correct textures and materials
- Professional experience in industry standard art tools such as Blender/3DS Max/Maya, Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Worked on 2 games through the full game production pipeline as a Senior Artist, preferably AAA titles
- Bachelor’s degree in art, design, technical discipline or other relevant training
- Experience in Houdini
- Experience in creating organic assets
- Worked on high-end film quality projects
- Experience in real-time lighting
- Passion for photography and other art forms
- Shipped AAA game on PC
- Create visually amazing organic environments and foliage that make the game come to life and enhances the gameplay.
- Be proactive, methodical and identify dependencies and risks alongside the Production team and the Art Leads.
- Regularly communicate with the Art team to discuss progress and review work.
- Be aware of potential risks to the project and bring it to the attention of management
- Collaborate with all disciplines to understand their requirements and propose solutions.
- International AAA game projects;
- Access to cutting-edge hardware;
- Employee Assistance Programme (mental health, financial and wellbeing advice)
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Great holiday benefits including Christmas Shutdown
- Discretionary bonus scheme
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!