A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex is the home of the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its family of adventurous titles. We are a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do. Together we are building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
The Publishing Platform department is responsible for player accounts, payments and distribution of games, published by Jagex. We are strengthening a highly collaborative, multi-skilled team to deliver new product features on our game distribution platform. We actively encourage our engineers to seek best-in-class solutions to problems – and we collaborate extensively with all parts of the business to drive both technical innovation and improved customer experience.
We are looking for a seasoned, self-motivated and enthusiastic Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our team and build upon our first party game launcher, supporting our vision to be scientifically creative and to connect and inspire our players through play. You will have a software development background and have experience in an extensive range of technologies to aid in delivering high quality experiences to our players.Technology stack:
- Java / NodeJS / TypeScript - microservices
- React / Next.js- app framework
- Mobx / Redux – state management
- Redis / ElasticSearch – persistence
- GitHub / BitBucket / Kubernetes – CI / CD / IaC
- AWS / Vercel - Cloud
- Work closely with the Engineering Managers to build the skillset of Jagex Engineers
- Work with a cross-functional team in a Scrum environment
- Lead functional and technical analysis, design, programming, testing and maintenance of large product features
- Create high throughput systems by exploiting existing and emerging technology and processes
- Utilize your existing experience of continuous integration and deployment to shorten feedback cycles
- Play an active role in shaping the departments technical principles
- Mentor and coach Engineers at Jagex
- Build exciting and engaging software
- Highly skilled in TypeScript and React
- Experience using state management systems (e.g. Redux)
- Experience integrating REST APIs (e.g. OAuth2)
- Experience building desktop applications (E.g. Electron)
- Experience working in a DevOps culture
- Experience creating CI / CD pipelines and associated build & deployment tools
- Ability to present work to stakeholders as part of a team
- Ability to contribute clearly to technical discussions
- Experience working in Agile and Scrum Frameworks
- Ideally a gamer at heart; we expect our employees to be product focused
- Cloud experience a plus
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.