As a Senior Game Designer, you will drive the development of features which support our aims, consistently advocating for both our players and the play experience.
You’ll work with all disciplines to gather information, feedback and priorities, create documentation for a variety of audiences, and champion your features, seeing them through to implementation and iterating from there. You’ll mentor other designers, and will work together with the rest of the design team to ensure that all features work together as a whole, raising questions, problems, and solutions proactively and supportively.
The Design Team is a multi-disciplinary group focused on the delivery of compelling player experiences through ideation, iteration, and implementation. The team is passionate about finding creative solutions to design challenges and responsible for filtering the game vision into individual features, levels, combat, quests and encounters.
Collaborating closely with all other disciplines, the design team supports features throughout the full development lifecycle to ensure high-quality experiences are delivered on schedule.
- Work with project leadership to deliver best-in-class game features in support of the game’s vision.
- Prototype game features during early development to find the fun.
- Evangelise the quality targets for game features to the wider team.
- Conduct research across all streams of media to better deliver against the goals and vision of the player experience for our project.
- Regularly seek feedback from the wider team to aid you in honing the player experience.
- Assist in the development of the tools and systems necessary to deliver game features to the highest possible quality.
- An experienced game designer who has shipped at least one title in a senior design role.
- A passionate gamer with a love for online games.
- Experience working on at least one RPG title, and a love of the systems underpinning this genre.
- An individual with experience of rapid prototyping.
- Experience leading a cross-disciplinary team in the delivery of high-quality features and content.
- A team player capable of mentoring more junior members of the team.
- An analytical individual, capable of deconstructing market leading features and understanding what makes them stand out.
Sharkmob London is a brand-new AAA studio in the heart of London, with aspirations to build one of the largest and most creatively ambitious development teams in the world. Just like the original Sharkmob studio in Malmö, Sharkmob London was founded by a team of industry veterans. As a part of Tencent Games we have the experience, backing, and ambition to build the games of the future!
Remuneration and benefits
- Competitive salaries based on up-to-date data from external benchmarking providers & reviewed annually.
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Private pension (10% total, up to 5% individual contribution matched by Sharkmob).
- BUPA private Healthcare, Cigna dental cover, life insurance scheme and income protection policy.
- £425 yearly preventative healthcare allowance.
- Core studio hours 10:00-16:00 with 1 'wellness hour' to be used per week.
- Daily breakfasts, snacks & refreshments at the studio.
- VISA sponsorship (individual & dependents).
- Relocation assistance for people outside the UK (1 month accommodation, flights/travel paid for, logistics/removal costs reimbursed).
- Assistance for people reloccating within the UK (reimbursement for expenses on travel into London for flat viewings and moving vans/couriers).