This is an excellent opportunity to join our talented and motivated team working on exciting new projects at our studio in Sofia, Bulgaria.
You'll become part of a world class development team that has worked on the titles of the award-winning Total War series and will have the opportunity to make a mark on our new project, contributing to the creation of a genre-defining game.
Please note that a motivation letter is required for this position and applications without such will not be considered.
As a Senior Game Designer, you will take full ownership and responsibility for multiple features and ensure they are fully delivered to the highest quality. This is to include researching, creating, balancing, implementation, and more. You will collaborate with the design team to create detailed feature designs and will work closely alongside developers from other disciplines in order to ensure that the features you are responsible for are developed to the highest standard, from initial concept to final release.
Responsible for creating and maintaining fun and balanced systems, you will also clearly communicate regular updates to the relevant discipline teams – especially where your work directly impacts them - and must be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Games industry knowledge and experience, understanding the process of delivering a game
- Experience designing core systems and mechanics, analyzing gameplay, and recommending improvements
- Strong visual scripting and technical implementation skills
- Ability to balance large sets of numbers, for unit balance, progression systems etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and interest in history and/or fantasy worlds
- Deep understanding of grand strategy, sandbox/simulation games or character progression systems
- Experience with Unreal Engine is a plus
- Modding experience is a plus
- Experience in using metrics to improve design
- Great attention for detail and strong visual sense
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from juniors to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently, we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each month. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up for the remote process.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Office massages*
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.