This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM’s client is seeking an experienced Senior Game Designer to work on an exciting project to develop a great IP and mentor a creative team that are passionate about gaming.
The ideal candidate is a multi-talented and accomplished game designer who can adapt to various forms of content or systems design. With demonstrated experience in game design, an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity and a strong visual aesthetic.
- Extensive experience in game design, having shipped at least one title
- Understanding of scripting tools and videogame to orchestrate events and implementing 3D work into the pipeline with Unity and/or Unreal.
- Experience in a senior or lead role having mentored junior designers to help them develop
- Experience with System/Content design, ideally having creatively owned complete implementations from concept to delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Taking responsibility for large features, systems, and content
- Defining game systems, the skills and player usage within them to shape the experiences of the player in game
- Participating in the development of prototypes and their success to provide a firm basis for production
- Defining design team targets in collaboration with the producer
- Providing mentoring and feedback to the junior designers
- Collaborating with the other department leads to ensure positive communication and problem solving between disciplines
- Ensuring good communications to and from the juniors up to lead and director level
- Coordinating and providing feedback on high level plans and schedules
- Collaborating across departments to ensure fluid and transparent communications to all relevant parts of the production
- Training opportunities
- Healthcare and Taxsaver programmes
- Regular team and studio events
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!