Special Move is working with an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland. Who have a 14 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag is embarking on their most ambitious and exciting title yet, developing a brand new cross platform IP in partnership with a world renowned publisher. They are looking for passionate new people to join the team on their quest to forge a place in players' hearts.
Tags culture is collaborative and relaxed. They encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems - always striving to be the best they can be. They are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products.
Tag Games Studios is looking for an experienced engineer to lead, coordinate and support the client engineering teams on an ambitious new cross platform IP. You will play a pivotal role in development of this world-leading IP, supporting the engineering teams with technical direction, planning and architecture in coordination with other disciplines and stakeholders to deliver a best in class game play experience.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Working with the client teams to plan and review technical solutions to deliver a best in class game play experience
- Collaborating with the other disciplines, including artists, designers and server engineers, to design solutions, provide feedback and technical expertise and manage dependencies
- Working with production to define and prioritise work to ensure we make the best use of our resources
- Helping to shape best practices and processes and ensuring effective roll out among the teams
- Proactively communicating challenges, risks and requests to stakeholders
- Helping to grow the team technically and culturally through hiring and development
- Coordinating knowledge sharing across the teams to help facilitate effective development
- Ensuring the health and quality of the client side code base
To do this job, you will need:
- Professional experience leading, managing and developing large engineering teams
- A strong understanding of common game/software development tools including Unity and Git
- Proven track record of architecting and developing mobile games
- Comprehensive understanding of game development on iOS and Android.
- A broad knowledge base that allows for interaction and engagement on a range of topics including game play, graphics, networking, etc.
- A proven ability to communicate with individuals and groups that are a mixture of technical and non-technical
- Demonstrable experience in creating clear and understandable documentation for technical and non-technical audiences
- To be able to provide constructive and helpful feedback
- The ability to diligently and proactively operate on multiple fronts and at varying levels of detail. Balancing short term and long term goals
Not essential but highly desirable:
- Overseeing multiple teams totalling 20+ engineers
- Experience developing free to play games
- Experience working on a live title providing regular updates
- Delivery of console or PC titles
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Understanding of data oriented design and client-server systems
- Have worked with distributed teams in different time zones
- People management experience, providing coaching, mentoring and conducting 1-1's
Special Move acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment