This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
This prestigious Swedish game studio is comprised of a seasoned group of developers recognised for their work creating story-driven games. They boast an impressive catalogue of action-packed console and PC games, which have won numerous awards and reached both commercial and critical acclaim.
This is a permanent position starting as soon as possible. Your relocation and/or application for work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden is fully supported step by step.
- A demo reel including examples of previous gameplay animations is required.
- Minimum of 1 AAA game shipped.
- Fundamental knowledge of Maya.
- Technical understanding of game engines and game animation implementation.
- Expertise in MotionBuilder and editing motion capture data.
- Knowledgeable in basic principles of animation: timing, dynamics & body mechanics.
- Strong knowledge of technical dependencies and engine limitations.
- Skilled with proprietary editors or other engines like CryEngine, Unreal, or idTech.
- Work closely with the director and lead to help define and maintain the high level of quality for all animations available in current and future productions.
- Design Enemy (AI) animations and Player animations with a focus on style, playability, and 'flow'.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to develop content implementation tools, technology, and workflow.
- Identify, communicate, and attempt to resolve animation related issues with all departments.
- Produce high quality realistic/stylised and believable animations utilising hand key animation and motion editing according to gameplay specific needs.
- Generate blockouts for gameplay tests.
- Implement animation assets into game engine and iterate as needed.
- Experience animating creatures or quadruped characters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Animation or Game Development.
- Step by Step relocation & VISA support
- Remote start from Sweden until it’s safe to return to working in the office
- Working on best in the industry AAA console games
- Very competitive salary package
- Access to the latest tools and technology
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214 425!