Senior Gameplay Engineer - Award Winning Studio
Send applications with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pocketwatch Games is looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to join our team working on an unannounced title. We are known for building in-house tech on innovative games that demand novel technical solutions. We do not use Unity or Unreal, we build our own engine and tools. You will be implementing gameplay systems and so knowledge of state-of-the-art design and ability to collaborate with designers is required.
- Implementation of game play from concept to completion
- Build custom level design tools
- Work broadly across our custom game engine
- Professional experience building games in C++. SIMD programming is a plus
- Strong game design skills
- Experience with networked gameplay
- Experience building custom editing tools and workflows
- Working knowledge of 3D math: vectors, quaternions, matrices, transforms.
- Shipped titles on PC, Console
- Experience implementing FSMs, Schedules, BehaviorTrees, or Utility AI
- Familiarity with pathfinding algorithms: A*, navmesh, RVO
- Procedural environment generation
- Deep knowledge of current gaming trends
About Pocketwatch Games
Pocketwatch Games is in the sweet spot between ‘Indie’ and ‘AAA’. We’re small enough that we can take risks and be weird, but big enough that we can make thrilling entertainment that wins awards and reaches millions of players. We’ve been in business since 2005, producing games like the IGF Grand Prize winning Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine and the revolutionary gamepad-RTS Tooth and Tail. We succeed where others haven’t by taking risks, iterating, and building to a standard of polish that most indies can’t achieve. Come join us!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Generous vacation policy
We believe that our company and our art is improved by collaboration between a diverse team of creators. If you share this perspective, we can’t wait to meet you.