This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console/PC Games
This prestigious Swedish game studio is comprised of a seasoned group of developers recognised for their work creating story-driven games.
They boast an impressive back catalogue of action-packed console and PC games, which have won numerous awards and reached both commercial and critical acclaim.
They are looking for an experienced Senior Gameplay Programmer who is ready for the challenges of producing a world class game.
Relocation and/or application assistance for a work permit if you have a non-EU passport and/or not currently residing in Sweden is available for this position.
- Demonstrable ability to apply strong problem-solving and debugging skills using C++
- Write clean, well commented, and maintainable code
- Strong understanding of mathematics for 3d game development
- Understand the many components that makes up a modern game
- Able to independently take on tasks
- Experience on a full cycle of production of a AAA game
- Lead by example and mentor junior co-workers within your discipline
- Continuously look for ways to improve processes and accomplish results
- Displays a high-level om communication skill
- Passionate about games and the gaming industry
- Architect and implement features with C/C++, that is CPU, GPU, and memory efficient, with an eye to a quality end-user experience
- Develop, extend, and debug AI, tools, physics, animation, rendering, UI, and gameplay code while respecting platform and design constraints, with focus on your area of expertise
- Cooperate with programmers and other disciplines involved in the day-to-day work
- Review code written by programmers across the studio and work together to improve code quality
- Support mentoring junior team members
- Debug, alter, extend, or use the tools pipeline as needed
- Construct solutions for unanticipated design problems
- Proactively provide suggestions on how to utilise new technologies and tools
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214 422!