OPM are proud to be working with a globally recognised games developer based in Paris.
The company are responsible for some of the most successful and well known IPS in the Games Industry.
Currently looking for a Lead Gameplay Programmer to join the team on a high-profile IP which has over 10 years of history behind it.
Working closely with the Senior Producer and the Technical Director, you will help defining the project’s technical orientation.
You will be responsible for the architecture, the production and the implementation of all the Gameplay features on the project. With strong management and technical skills, you will organize the production for the Gameplay Programming team, distribute the tasks and help your people communicate with other teams across several studios internationally.
As a key technical adviser for the project, you will have to understand and challenge the game design intentions to ensure the quality of our players’ experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Transpose the design intentions into gameplay features that will improve the playability and the credibility of the game as well as the comfort of our players,
- Ensure that our coding standards and best practices are followed within the gameplay programming team,
- Tackle complex technical problems while keeping performance optimization in mind,
- Help the team with debugging and optimizing the code,
- Develop and use your prototyping skills,
- Ensure that the team writes and updates a proper technical documentation throughout the development of the project.
- Manage a team of 7+ gameplay programmers and unite them around the game’s creative vision,
- Communicate on a daily basis with the Core Team, along with other teams and parties involved,
- Prioritize the tasks for your team, follow and evaluate their work,
- Participate in meetings with other teams across several studios worldwide,
- Construct a team spirit and encourage creativity within your team,
- Share information and knowledge in your domain of expertise.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent,
- Extensive experience in gameplay programming with a first managerial experience,
- Mastery in C++ and knowledge of C#,
- Comfortable working in an Agile and iterative work environment,
- Good time-management skills,
- Ability to show attentiveness, empathy and integrity,
- Desire to grow and seek continuous improvement,
- Passion for the video game industry.