This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games Studio
OPMs client is an industry leading developer, setting the world alight with their popular online game enjoyed my millions around the world!
An Amsterdam-based company, they are seeking an experienced Gameplay Programmer to join their new team. The perfect candidate should be highly motivated and technical individual, who will form part of a multi-disciplinary R&D team exploring everything from gameplay techniques to Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML).
- Design for a simulation driven interactive environment.
- Use DOP to create behaviours for rich interactions that allow non-predefined game play possibilities.
- Implement functionalities like, weapon and camera systems, combat mechanics, player skills, inventory management, and many other in-game features.
- Contribute to the estimation, planning, and prioritisation of tasks.
- Identify and communicate risks and issues.
- Extensive games industry software development experience.
- Shipped titles in a Programming (or equivalent) role.
- Strong proficiency in C/C++, including refactoring, optimisation, and testing.
- Strong understanding of one or more key domain e.g. Gameplay, Rendering, AI etc.
- Confident researching and prototyping new technologies.
- Experience integrating and adapting third party technologies.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Write platform independent code.
- Experience working with Unity and DOTS.
- Experience working with multiplayer or networking systems.
- Experience working with open-world or sandbox games.
- AAA console game development experience.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!