This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPMs client is a successful UK independent games developer is looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join development on their latest unannounced AAA title heading to current gen and next-gen platforms.
- Excellent professional experience with C/C++.
- Can quickly familiarise yourself to work with a large existing codebase.
- Can create prototypes as well as producing final code.
- Strong debugging, profiling and optimising, system design and 3D math skills.
- Strong communication skills able to work with developers from all disciplines across the project.
- Brilliant initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Deep passion for gaming and games development.
- Develop and implement gameplay code, including features such as strategy, mechanics, logic, combat systems, AI, UI, audio code, etc.
- Meet game design and technical requirements.
- Maintain and debug your new and existing code.
- Author and maintain technical documentation.
- Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance per console.
- Identify and solve development hurdles.
- Cooperate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines.
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure.
DESIRED (good to have):
- Knowledge of console, multiplayer development, and development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce or other version control systems, would be an advantage.
- Professional experience working in a larger AAA development team.
- 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays.
- Flexible working times
- Relocation Assistance
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Up to £1k interest free personal loans
- Annual company events
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!