Kwalee é uma das principais publicadoras e desenvolvedoras de jogos multiplataforma do mundo, com mais de 750 milhões de downloads mundialmente em sucessos do telemóvel como Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let's Be Cops 3D, Airport Security e Makeover Studio 3D. Além disso, também temos uma incrível e crescente equipe de PC e consolas que está em busca de novos e grandes títulos para se juntar a TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade e Scathe.
Nós temos uma talentosa equipe colaborando diariamente entre nossos estúdios em Leamington Spa, Bangalore e Pequim, ou remotamente da Turquia, Brasil, Filipinas e muitas outras regiões, sendo que recentemente adquirimos nosso primeiro estúdio externo, TicTales, sediado na França. Temos uma equipe realmente global criando jogos de audiência mundial. E vale a pena: Kwalee foi reconhecida com os prêmios de Best Large Studio e Best Leadership da TIGA (The Independent Game Developers’ Association) e nossos jogos foram baixados em todos os países do mundo!
Fundada em 2011 por David Darling CBE, um arquiteto-chave na indústria de jogos do Reino Unido que co-fundou e liderou a Codemasters por muitos anos, nossa equipe também inclui lendas como Andrew Graham (criador da série Micro Machines) e Jason Falcus (programador de clássicos, incluindo NBA Jam) ao lado de uma crescente e diversificada equipe de especialistas em jogos globais. Todo mundo contribui criativamente para o sucesso da Kwalee, todos os funcionários qualificados podem apresentar suas próprias ideias de jogos nas Quartas Criativas, e estamos orgulhosos de ter construído nosso sucesso com base nesse princípio inclusivo. Poderia a tua ideia ser a próxima sensação global?
Esta função estará sediada no nosso novo escritório em Almada, pertinho de Lisboa.
What’s the job?
As Junior Backend Developer / Server Programmer you will write code that will run on 100s of servers thousands of times a second helping our games run smoothly, you will have to work out how to deal with massive amounts of data efficiently, train machines to crunch data and generally play around with the latest and greatest in tech.
You love to write efficient code and tackle hard puzzles, you like working with a committed team.
What you tell your friends you do
“I’m the hero of the day, when actually I only needed to fix one line of code”
What you will really be doing
- Contributing to the design and architecture of our servers using Python with Flask deployed on AWS EC2 Servers.
- Implementing server features to robustly support millions of mobile game players.
- You’ll be working with a worldwide multi cluster Couchbase and Elasticsearch database.
- Interfacing with other teams on any server-related issues affecting them.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirements
- A proven track record of writing high quality database and program code for servers with Python. We are considering different levels of experience (from several months to years).
- The ability to write quick scripts to accelerate manual tasks.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Couchbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Memcache,etc.) could be useful but it’s not mandatory.
- Knowledge of Unix, Linux or equivalent development environments
- Some experience in game development would be a plus, although it’s not necessary.
- An avid interest in either console, PC or mobile games.
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.