Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Hard Surface Artist to join our art team based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex. This is a unique opportunity to work on our next historical tent pole feature.
As part of a focussed project team, you will bring your creativity and passion to your work and work collaboratively with Designers, Programmers and other Artists to craft and implement vehicles, weapons and other hard surface objects.
As a Senior Hard-Surface specialist, working within the Environment art team, you will have a proven track record producing vehicles and weapons for AAA titles. You will be responsible for the creation of a wide range of hard surface assets.
Communication and collaboration are critical to the success of this role. You will be a proactive team player, working closely with cross-discipline teams to create high fidelity, believable, content.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Produce High quality assets
- Work in collaboration with other artists and designers on the unit roster
- Interact and collaborate with team members from different departments design, art, programming, etc.)
- Mentor and guide the team in best hard surface practices and workflow
- Provide workflow improvement suggestions to improve productivity
- Ability to adapt, and follow, a variety of artistic styles
This role would suit an experienced Senior looking to progress to Principal level.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Exceptional Artistic ability to create high quality vehicles
- Understanding of contemporary workflows and processes
- Expert knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya
- A practical, working knowledge of Substance Painter or Designer
- Experience of one or more full game development cycles
- Experience with current commercial games engines
- A proven track record of creating high quality vehicles for games
- Willingness to learn new tools and pipelines
- Ability to communicate and present ideas effectively
- A team player with ability to take and give constructive feedback
- Experience with photogrammetry process and workflow
- Proficiency with off-line and real-time rendering packages
- Knowledge of Zbrush
Please ensure you provide a portfolio along with your application.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.