Media Molecule is a video game development studio based in Guildford in the UK, and a proud member of the PlayStation Worldwide Studios. We are the creators of the multi-award winning games LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Tearaway, Tearaway Unfolded and we're currently building the next generation of Play, Create and Share for PlayStation 4: Dreams.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming and we are passionate about making games with creative gameplay. Our studio is fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and is undergoing a period of significant growth and evolution!
Location: Our studio in Guildford or remote (able to work within the same timezone as the UK via video conferencing due to the need for close real-time collaboration).
Role: We are searching for an experienced, Senior Infrastructure Engineer who is keen for a challenge and can deploy all their skills and experience to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot the server infrastructure for a growing studio.
Acting as the key member of the infrastructure team, you will be instrumental in all stages from decision through to deployment of solutions. This is a huge opportunity for the successful candidate to make an impact in a newly created role.
- Min 7+ years in system administration, designing, implementing, and supporting Windows and Linux solutions.
- Extensive expertise in Active Directory and its services, including migrations and upgrades
- Expertise in enterprise Linux systems
- Experience with common version control software such as Perforce, Git and SVN.
- In-depth knowledge of VMware: ESXi, vCenter, vDS - building, deploying, and supporting.
- Extensive experience of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting iSCSI and Fibre channel storage.
- Highly organised, self-motivated, and able to work on own initiative
- Good verbal and written skills, along with excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyse data, then recommend an appropriate solution
- Able to plan projects and work through the project from implementation to operation
- A passion for technology and games
- Experience of working in a development environment and the common development tools & systems used
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.