A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
As Senior IT Technician, you will take ownership of both simple and complicated IT issues and requests from across the company. Your goal is not only to resolve these issues directly, but also to enable other IT Technicians to resolve similarly complicated issues and requests effectively; by driving the definition, improvement and adoption of all IT support and troubleshooting procedures. You will drive employee efficiency by providing a first-class IT support service via phone, e-mail, chat, IM, remote control or in person, as well as by managing customers’ queries in an effective and professional manner. You will have a good understanding of all the different services that IT offers and will use that understanding to make sure that complex issues or requests are escalated to the appropriate IT support team.Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide world class IT/Customer Liaison
- By taking ownership of customer requests, issues, and complaints – always making sure to respond in a timely fashion and to follow the appropriate escalation procedures.
- By ensuring that customers are kept informed of the progress of their issues or requests, as well as the resolution by managing expectations at all times.
- By understanding the game delivery / update schedule so you can help prioritize issue resolution relative to business value.
- By logging all customer issues & requests on the IT ticketing system, understanding and establishing customer needs, and collecting relevant information & diagnostics needed for investigation & resolution.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.