This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
As an Environment Artist at OPM’s client, you will be an expert in creating game worlds and environments that resonate deeply with Their players. You will be technically adept at building immersive believable environments while also possessing the strong fundamentals required to execute excellent composition, texturing and lighting. They believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. They also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
• Work closely with the Art Director to help define and maintain visual targets.
• Collaborate with the local design team to ensure the game world supports gameplay requirements.
• Provide fast iterative assets to aid game design requirements.
• Maintain quality and consistency across your work to meet objectives, quality bar, and schedule.
• Implement assets effectively into the game engine (from white box to final scenes and lighting).
• Expert in the creation of high quality, high resolution 3D assets, UV maps, textures, and other content, matching all technical and artistic requirements.
• Deep experience with current 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent.
• A keen eye for colour and light, shade, shape, and silhouette.
• Strong traditional art skills.
• Comfortable working with production staff to manage personal deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives, quality bar, and schedule.
• Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.