This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM’s client is seeking a talented Senior/ Lead Technical Artist to join their team and work closely with the cinematic development teams on in-game scene/level development, asset creation, and shot/sequence creation.
This position requires strong knowledge and understanding of AAA games development tools and workflows and will focus on working on realtime project work.
- Play a crucial role during pre-production phases and establish any project-specific technical workflows
- Be responsible for the integration of client assets into the pipeline, and conform assets to client requirements
- Identify and report any issues or blockers to producers and take point to solve them together
- Be the technical art point of contact and support the producer and supervisors/leads as & when needed
- Work closely with the art and shot creation teams with technical feedback, troubleshooting and problem solving, tools creation and delivery preparations
- Ensure that both final and WIP deliveries comply with requirements and can be smoothly integrated into the engine
- Support the Pipeline and IT teams with build access and setting up any project-specific software, tools and plugins
- Help executive producers and producers in the bidding process and project planning
- Strong experience as a Technical Artist on AAA games, including as a Lead/Senior
- Background creating AAA game Assets and Levels including Look-development, Lighting and Real-time rendering optimization.
- Understanding of Cinematic Lighting Techniques and how to implement them using Real-time technologies.
- Expertise of Real-time rendering materials, textures and in-game physics systems.
- Experience with Git, Perforce, Jenkins and other commonly used versioning/build management software
- Fluent English
- Knowledge and understanding of developing tools using Python, Blueprints or other Visual programming methods
DESIRED SKILLS (Not must haves)
- Familiarity with 3D modelling, texturing, lighting, shaders, dynamics and similar
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Understanding of shader writing.
- Experience with other art packages such as Houdini and Blender
- Flexible working hours
- Promotion of Health and Fitness Allowance