This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console and PC Game
OPM’s client are looking for an experienced, talented, and passionate Senior Level Designer with design experience in TPP/FPP shooter games, with a good sense of combat-oriented player experience. You will work closely with other disciplines to create and maintain fun, memorable, and visually appealing levels for the new AAA titles. The successful candidate will regularly review feedback from playtests, enabling the team to drive quality in all areas of the game. You will know where to prioritise focus when iterating upon your layouts, ensuring the game’s needs are always met.
- Superb knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Experience in level design – both practice and theory (chokepoints, routes, lines of sight, engagement distances)
- Strong professional level design experience
- Experience in shooter genre
- Minimum one successful shipped game on PC or console
- Capability to work well within a team, great communication skills
- Ability to process, understand and implement feedback
- Block out and build levels, and be ready to heavily iterate on them (playtest and provide/implement feedback)
- Collaborate with the Art Team to make sure that levels are up to the highest visual quality while retaining the enjoyable and remarkable gameplay
- Collaborate with Game Designers and Programmers, creating maps as fun as they can be and integrating any new features into the built-in levels
- Have a full ownership – from paper design, through Whitebox phase, scripting, iteration, debugging, optimization – to the delivery of the game
- Implement gameplay scenarios using the existing toolset to forge gameplay elements such as checkpoints, objectives, enemy spawns, and special events into compelling gaming experiences
- Mentor and give constructive feedback to fellow colleagues as well as supporting their work when necessary
- Collaborate with Lead Level Designer in improving processes and workflows, proactively propose solutions
- Performance based bonuses
- Private health care including dental treatment
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigner
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!