An amazing opportunity has opened up for an experienced Senior Level Designer to join a lovely studio in Cornwall. This role is seeking for someone to join their studio in a beautiful location in the south coast of Cornwall, situated around towering cliffs and seasides.
This team is looking for a natural contributor who can be a strong mentor and communicator with solid experience in level design as well as Unreal Engine 4.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute and manage the team as a strong mentor delivering creative ideas
- Interact with every department to ensure epic theatres are delivered for our upcoming online first-person shooter ’83 and first person cold-war spy thriller I.G I.: Origins.
- Work alongside Junior level Designers where you will be contributing to development through mentoring.
- Participate towards the studios internal dialogues through providing a bunch of design issues as well as providing feedback and suggestions to other Level Designers on their work.
- Bring forward suggestions and prototype new tools, example levels and workflows for the level design department.
- Test and correct designs made using game engine/software
- Create content in the engine using given 3D objects and tools and implement designs in the game engine.
- Create new tools using the game engines code language
- Programming and Scripting in the game engines code language
- Be able to Identify and manage risks within the schedule
What we’re looking for in our ideal candidate:
- 2+ years’ experience of Level Design in an industry studio environment
- 3+ year experience using Unreal Engine 4 or equivalent engines
- Passion for games and interest in creating intriguing gameplay
- Minimum one shipped action game in a level design position
- Must have experience using level editing tools
- Must have advanced understanding of developer tools & software
- Enthusiastic for ongoing self-development and learning
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadline
- Analytical approach to problem solving tasks
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Calm and logical during challenges
- Experience supervising level design team
- Experience in using node-based visual script logic
- Experience using level editing tools
- Great work-life balance and supportive team
- Team offering flexibility around core hours
- Beautiful seaside location
- Strong company culture
- Perks, freebies, and discounts on its platforms
- Subscriptions to Perk Box etc.
Please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 2301.
We are an equal opps company, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR compliant.