Creative Assembly is looking for a Senior Level Designer to join our FPS team to work on HYENAS, our exciting new shooter. This role will be based at one of our studios in Horsham, West Sussex.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Level Designer to make their mark on our new first-person shooter, working with some of the industry’s top developers. You will support the Lead Level Designer in managing the team, help to establish good level design practices, and own and deliver high quality level.
As Senior Level Designer, you will be working closely with our concept and environment art team to create stunning locations in our exciting new FPS.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Own the development of interesting layout, from early block out to final: define the macro flow of the level, define the play space
- Oversee the mark up and integration of gameplay ingredients and system in the level, ensuring the player experience is engaging and balanced
- Manage and coach members of the design team
- Work with environment artists to ensure that the level will deliver on the artistic vision of the title
- Contribute to the level design leadership, with the lead level designer, to help define level design best practice
- Participate in playtests and contribute through feedback and ideas to define a unique experience.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Understanding a range of level design types, concepts and best practices
- Professional experience as level designer
- Experience with current commercial 3D game engine
- Ability to share and receive feedback, and to contribute to a creative environment
- Good attention to detail and the ability to self-critique
- Be solution oriented and have good problem-solving skills
- Professional experience in FPS
- Experience in multiplayer level creation
- Experience managing and coaching team members
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Interest in sci-fi
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.