Job Type: Permanent Contract
Project: AAA Character Action Games
Our client is an established AAA games studio. Their team has worked on multiple world-class projects.
They are looking for a Senior Level Designer to join their team on a brand new project.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience.
- Experience working in a procedurally generated environment and working with engineers to build these systems.
- Experience or an appetite for systemic design and championing player agency.
- Experience working on a published AAA title in a proven level design capacity.
- Confident concepting and prototyping across a range of packages in 2D and 3D.
- Experience with gameplay and level/mission design scripting tools, particularly UE4 Blueprints.
- Strong presentation skills across a range of software including powerpoint, photoshop, and wiki-based documentation e.g. confluence.
- Experience or an appetite for 3rd person action-adventure games and multiplayer map design is an advantage.
- Will be responsible for creating engaging experiences and injecting personality and narrative into games through their levels, in line with their vision and design pillars.
- Prototype innovative level and game play concepts via 3D modelling, scripting and other tricks of the trade.
- Employ various modelling techniques to block out environments with level progression, onboarding, and the overall game experience in mind.
- Work in close collaboration with the environment artists and game designers, while extending collaboration and bringing solutions to the team across all disciplines.
- Assist in the continued improvement of production pipelines and workflows within the studio.
- Iterate on the game play experience to fine-tune it for maximum quality and optimum performance to ultimately ship an incredible product.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of trending level design techniques and the capabilities/limitations of these techniques as they relate to project objectives.
- Mentor and support more junior level designers in their own career progression and be a part of peer reviews and interviews.
- Full Time Remote Contract Options
- VISA & Relocation Support if required / preferred
- 23 days annual paid days off plus bank holidays
- Team project bonuses
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!