"To apply: Ref - 5106200. We are proud to be working with a huge AAA studio, responsible for some of the worlds most recognizable multiplayer and team based console and PC games. An opening has arisen for an experienced Lighting Artist to join the London team, initially working remotely but with the intention to be back in the office. This is a fulltime role with a highly competitive salary of up to around £55000.
The ideal person will have similar AAA console experience under their belt in at least 1 published game.
• Light scenes based on reference photographs and concept Art materials.
• Work with the Lead Lighting Artist and Art Director to create high quality lighting schemes in keeping with the project's visual direction.
• Produce work within specifications under strict deadlines.
• Review and implement your work using the game editor.
• Trouble shoot lighting issues and action creative feedback.
• Collaborate with other sub-disciplines including Environment Art, Level Design, VFX, Cinematics and Tech Art.
• Coach and mentor junior level staff through knowledge sharing.
• Experience working within Unreal Engine 4+
• An up-to-date portfolio filled with examples of Lighting work.
• A good understanding of shape, form, composition and tonal values.
• Excellent knowledge of Physically Based Rendering and balancing materials.
• Experience pre-bake, dynamic and hybrid lighting workflows.
• Working knowledge of tone mapping, colour grading and LUTs.
• The ability to deliver performant lighting schemes for gameplay.
• Great communication skills
• The ability to work well within a team.
If this sounds like an opportunity that you would suit then please get in touch with your CV and Portfolio! We would also still be very interested to hear from you if you are actively looking for work within the gaming industry as we always multiple roles and opportunities available.
To apply please send CV to Ayesha@ or phone 020 7580 6018 for a confidential chat (ideally over your cv / resume). We value close, personal relationships with our candidates and applications by this method tend to be more successful.