Senior Multiplayer Engineer - Wizard with a Gun
Galvanic Games is looking for a full time or contract network multiplayer gameplay engineer for Wizard with a Gun. We need someone who can work within and improve the multiplayer model of a real-time deterministic lockstep multiplayer game.
Location: Seattle, WA. Can be remote.
Technologies: Primarily C# in Unity.
Salary Range: $120,000 - $150,000
- Work closely with the rest of the engineering team to architect and implement large, networked game systems.
- Understand design and art requirements and be able to engineer solutions that satisfy them.
- Build and maintain reusable and documented codebases that will span multiple projects.
- Roughly estimate the amount of time a given feature will take you to complete.
- Use version control and understand how to resolve conflicts.
- Perform code reviews for other members of the development team.
- Previously developed and shipped a network multiplayer game.
- Previously worked on a team of engineers.
- Ideally 4+ years of professional game development experience in Unity, 5+ years in the industry.
- A strong understanding of C#.
- Strong, proven understanding of how to architect large, interconnected game systems.
- Passion for developing deterministic multiplayer codebases.
- Previously worked on tech for handling large game worlds.
- Experience with C/C++ and non-memory managed codebases.
Galvanic is a small independent game studio in Seattle that specializes in combat-driven multiplayer games (though we've built a lot of other weird and fun stuff too). We aim to build ambitious games that bring players to immersive new worlds while empowering their creativity and allowing self-expression. We focus on good scope management and planning to avoid crunch and other bad business practices. We plan to remain a small, tight-knit team of highly-talented individuals who love building games together.
- 4 weeks of paid time off per year
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Stock options
- Paid Family Leave
- Evenly distributed quarterly bonus policy
Galvanic is proudly committed to creating a diverse and welcoming creative environment. We care deeply about maintaining and growing our supportive and inclusive work culture. Galvanic is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.