Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Network Programmer to join our FPS team to work on HYENAS, our exciting new shooter. This role will be based at one of our studios in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
As a Senior Network Programmer on the project, you will build the underlying client technology that delivers a world class product, supporting both the ongoing development teams and responding to reports and feedback from our community.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role can be offered as in-studio or hybrid with an expectation of a minimum of one day per week in our Horsham studio. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
As Senior Network Programmer, your creativity and experience will be valued as a key member of a cohesive network team. You will be passionate about providing our players with the ultimate multiplayer experience they deserve.
On a day to day to basis, you will:
- Be the technical interface between our backend services and our internal UI, metagame, metrics and gameplay teams
- Specify, design and develop systems across all parts of our games as a service title –player profiles, store operations, social features, matchmaking, missions, metrics and more
- Support, coach and mentor members of your team
- Troubleshoot and investigate ongoing and emergent issues with the live title.
As a key member of the wider project team, you will collaborate and work closely with designers, engineers, QA and Live Operations to build systems that provide both our gameplay experience and the interaction with our persistent backend service.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Fluent in C++ programming
- Experience of Unreal 4 development
- A solid understanding of various networking standards, APIs and protocols
- Experience integrating game client code with back-end online services
- Outstanding technical communications skill, both written and spoken
- High level of analytical and mathematical ability.
- A passion for games
- A background in computer science, maths or engineering
- A history of developing titles for leading console platforms
- Experience of REST APIs
- Knowledge of AWS technologies.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.