As a backend software engineer with our client their team has played key roles in launching games played by hundreds of millions of players. And have also skinned their knees a few times along the way. This company is their vision for putting all these lessons together to build amazing products and make the best place to build games.
Your primary role will be to work on multiplayer and persistence features. You will work with other engineers to evolve the technical platform for building scalable connected games, as well as directly contribute to the development of new back-end services, robust APIs and frameworks. We're looking for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about building great games, experienced working on multiplayer and connected game features, observing live data, and deploying servers.
Someone who is goal-oriented, values accountability, self-motivates, and is a true team player will thrive in our dynamic environment. Beyond building tech, you’ll have a voice and an opportunity to help determine what goes into our games. You have the knowledge and ability to visualize how things could work, and can translate those ideas into functioning solutions. You will inspire and motivate others around you to help achieve the vision of the game.
- Drive multiplayer and persistence / datastore software engineering efforts and ensure deliverables are met
- Drive architecture design to support scalable online multiplayer experiences
- Communicate clearly, consistently, and proactively with the team
- Contribute and support new ideas to game design
- Work both independently and as part of a team to develop software solutions from scratch
- Learn new technologies, when appropriate, to meet the needs of the product vision
- Contribute positively to the culture of the team
- You have played a key role in shipping one or more mobile or PC games and have a wide understanding of different you know the pieces required to build a multiplayer game, including how to build scalable back-end services.
- Experience using a variety of languages (Kotlin, Lua, C#, TypeScript and C++)
- Experience with backend development, no-SQL databases, AWS, analytics, and exploring data in a big data environment (Redshift, etc.)
- Passionate, committed to tasks, and takes initiative, team player
- Authorized to work in the United States
Special Move acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment