It’s a great time to be part of the Media Molecule team as the studio undergoes an exciting period of growth and evolution. We are now looking for a talented Senior Principal Audio designer to join our Audio team and help with our award winning, user-created content project, Dreams.
This is without doubt, one of the best Audio roles around!
There’s huge scope for impact in this role, with ownership and autonomy in both musical and audio design. Alongside the Head of Audio, you will be defining the vision for sound in mm’s varied portfolio of projects. The Senior Principal Sound designer will take ownership of a product area, assess its needs, create the necessary sounds, and guide any additional work that needs to be taken on (e.g. handling a session musician or VO recording session etc.) They will be a representative of the audio discipline within the studio and in the wider world.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to produce sounds that inspire and impress us. They should understand what is required to make a game sound good and be able to demonstrate that knowledge with examples of work.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and affinity with the style and tone of Media Molecule products.
- A proven track record of seeing projects from concept to completion, taking responsibility for project vision, explaining and demonstrating this to the team and communicating with and working alongside other disciplines to achieve these goals.
- An intimate knowledge of sound recording, mixing, editing etc. They should have experience recording different material, and an understanding of all the practicalities involved.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of using at least one game sound implementation system. E.g. Wwise, FMOD, Unity, Unreal etc.
- A working knowledge of an in-game implementation system or have used some form of scripting language. Experience with logic is an important part of this role.
- Demonstrable knowledge using systems like UE4 Blueprints, Max MSP or other visual logic systems is highly desirable.
- Show you understand the purpose of Dreams, the principles behind it and the way it functions. Experience with Dreams is an advantage but not essential.
- The candidate should show some musical knowledge and composition skills. The ability to compose and engineer music is an important feature of this post.
- Previous experience in the games industry
- A proactive, creative and collaborative approach
To apply for this position please submit your CV & show-reel showing footage featuring your work. Please make sure your showreel is short and to the point – no more than 1:30 in length. Show us your best work, and your ability to make some editorial choices too!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.