This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to our core technology initiative at our studio based in Horsham, West Sussex.
Working with our experienced graphics team, you will have the opportunity to leverage the latest rendering techniques to push forward the look and feel of our games. You will work with the team, bring a creative mindset to challenge the limits of graphics programming, and make a real contribution to the player experience on a world-leading strategy game franchise.
This role would suit a senior looking to move up to a principal level.
For this role we are looking for an experienced individual with fantastic technical, soft skills and a potential desire to take on leadership responsibilities in future.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Research and implement new graphics related technologies
- Work on GPU/CPU optimisations and program modules of the game including design, implementation, debugging and documentation
- Collaborate with the Art and Design teams in solving problems, and implement new features Work with the Lead Programmer and Development Managers
- Help to define targets and deliverables, and ensure they are achieved. Keeping to the studios high-quality programming standards and development processes
Communication is key to the success of this role, and you will be expected to clearly and confidently communicate issues that may arise and offer solutions to resolve them.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Fluent C++
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with DirectX 11
- Experience with DirectX 12 or Vulkan
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on at least three shipped titles
- Multi-threaded / multi-core development experience
- RTS game enthusiast or thorough appreciation of the Total War franchise
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.