A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex Partners is the go-to publisher for top quality online games and games as a service. We leverage the skills and experience learned over almost 20 years of creating, nurturing and sustaining RuneScape and Old School and partner with top tier developers to maximize their games’ potential. Jagex Partners offers publishing services covering everything from production, marketing, brand, community and user acquisition to analytics, data science and distribution. As part of the Jagex Partners team, you are the Senior Producer responsible for one of those games and are obsessed with player experience. You have experience with multiplatform PC and console titles and have expertise in online games and ARPGs. You will serve as production support for Jagex Partners led efforts and will work closely with the Jagex Partners team. You will initiate credible long-term plans, a clear and easily understandable strategic vision, and set yourself up for success to deliver against them. In addition, you will be accountable for effective and efficient development of various project initiatives to meet their delivery of budget, time and quality. You own the roadmap and its key initiatives to achieve the game’s strategic objectives and will work with internal stakeholders, teams within the studio, and our external partners to set those objectives. This requires communication and influencing skills, and experience with external game production. Ultimately, you will ensure a quality live service, balancing the current needs of the business and consumer as you work on features and milestones further into the roadmap. You will work with your team to define the strategic vision and framework to sustain player experiences and business for years to come. You must blend creativity, player facing vision, and business requirements for success. Key Duties Include:
- You are an expert in game development, you understand product direction, you understand games as a service
- You partner closely with the Executive Producer to enable teams to execute against strategic objectives in short and long-term roadmaps
- You ensure that goals are set collaboratively, that we work based on the right priorities at any given time towards those goals, and maintain clarity and focus for everyone to achieve those goals.
- You work with game development to develop criteria and a framework for a successful living game, driving development and execution excellence, as you are obsessed with the player’s experience
- You partner with the publishing, product, strategy, operations, support, and analytics teams to help steer the decision making
- Manage and work with project managers to organize and improve the project management processes, identify problems and blockers
- Create good working relationships, manage communication of goals, roadmaps, plans, requirements, and status to all areas of the business and partners
- Extensive travel to other headquarters, other game studios, game conferences and partner offices.
- Shipped one or more externally developed games at a Senior Producer or higher level
- Worked on one or more Games as a Service product at a Senior Producer or higher level
- Strong analytical mind with excellent people and communication capabilities, you can make what may seem impossible, to be entirely possible through discussion, disseminating information, and inclusive cross-disciplinary planning
- Proven experience in owning a living game and its roadmap that created a long-term relationship with the player
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating innovative and compelling multi-platform player experiences
- Experience in analytics and data driven decision making
- Understanding of cross-play and multi-platform development
- Fluency in Polish is a plus
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.