Expansive Worlds is a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group and a leading developer and publisher of outdoor games. Since 2009, Expansive Worlds has been devoted to delivering highly immersive outdoor gaming experiences for millions of players and best known for the long-standing and successful theHunter franchise.
We are now looking for a Producer to work with our live service game Call of the Wild: The Angler in either our Liverpool location.
The PositionAs Producer you will work with various teams and disciplines, ensuring the road map and dependencies properly line up. You will coordinate resources to ensure successful completion of assigned development features. As Producer you are a key person in the daily operation of our teams. You will be responsible for translating business and product goals into plans and actions, acting as a change agent for process improvements. Together with the Marketing Team, Community Team and the Product Owner you will develop, champion and communicate the product vision to the team in order to build and maintain a strong team spirit and a productive environment.
What you’ll do
- Work with Executive Producer, Game Director and Leads to establish and maintain the game’s vision, feature set, scope, staffing plan and schedule
- Champion the game with the team to help maintain and drive energy, enthusiasm and urgency to the team
- Ensure milestone goals are set and delivered on time, ensuring the team meets the continual ship dates required for a live service game, and that the quality goals are met
- Being a natural leader: people listen to the direction you give them, and are willing to follow you. You are ready and willing to lead the charge
- With strong verbal and written communication skills, you are able to talk easily with all departments about all aspects of the project and facilitate communication and collaboration between all internal disciplines of the team
- Being in the trenches, involved with day to day decisions, while also balancing the high-level vision
- Lay out the overall development plan for a live service game
- Take broad direction from studio and company senior management
- Manage day to day development issues, attempting to predict and avoid problems, while being prepared to troubleshoot and provide conflict resolution as needed
- Review and analyze all documents, task lists and interim builds from the team. Create and modify schedules as needed
- Source highly talented external resources to supplement all aspects of internal development
- Work with the QA department and management to review testing documentation and overall quality assurance process
- Some years of production work experience
- Worked on a live service game
- Be able to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Have the ability to see upcoming problems and work to solve them proactively
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal. Like being able to manage communications effectively within development and publishing arms
- strong organizational skills
- Be collaborative and an effective negotiator
- Being a self-starter with a high level of initiative and proactivity
- Participate in product demonstrations and press interviews as needed
- Travel and/or work at a remote site as required
Employee promiseWe provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
The Liverpool location
Our United Kingdom location is in Liverpool, a maritime city with a diverse blend of cultures and a plethora of museums, restaurants, pubs, nightlife, as well as a booming gaming scene. Liverpool’s storied history as a port city is ever-present, and within just an hour you’ll find wide sandy beaches, Chester Zoo, Martin Mere Nature Reserve, and the Southport Pleasureland amusement park. It’s a great city to visit and a perfect place to live.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we create worlds beyond limits. But that’s not exclusive to our games, so we’re committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. All Avalanchers have a shared responsibility to create an open work environment where everyone is treated equally and respectfully. Being part of our world is not contingent on your heritage, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please register below and provide your CV in English. We review applications continuously. All further studio-related information is provided under a non-disclosure agreement.