Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for our mobile hits. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console department of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe. This role would be in our PC and Console department (PCC) with responsibility for global activity.
We have a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, and we've recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales which is based in France. We have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee has recently been recognised with the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership awards from TIGA (The Independent Game Developers’ Association).
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of the Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As a Senior Game Producer you’ll be taking games from conception through to launch, using your industry knowledge and great project management skills to help external development teams produce the best games.
What you tell your friends you do
“I am the person behind the curtain, helping everything to run smoothly in our games production”
What you will really be doing
- Working with the Head of PC and Console Publishing and the external developers to organise, plan and manage the development of Kwalee-published game releases;
- Liaising regularly with our external development partners to ensure the games track to schedule and are released on time and to budget;
- Coordinating with the Marketing teams (Product Marketing, Community, Social Media and Influencer & Media) to ensure required promotional assets are produced, content is appropriate and all deadlines are met;
- Making realistic and accurate contributions to the game analysis and assessment (‘Due Diligence’) process;
- Providing regular feedback on the games we publish and helping developers create the best games they can.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- 5+ years experience in a production management role within a games studio with at least 2 shipped games;
- Strong project management skills;
- A charismatic, energetic character who can direct and inspire;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills;
- Strong understanding of PC & console games including game design and KPIs;
- Experience of agile project management methodologies;
- A “self-starter” mentality;
- A strong interest in PC and console games, playing them regularly.
- In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- A dog friendly office - bring your favourite pooch! (There’s dog-free areas too)
- Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
- Access to on site gym - no more skiving!
- 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Relocation support available
- VISA Sponsorship available
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Entertainment area with consoles, pool table, tennis table and darts!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.