A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
The Senior Producer will work closely with discipline leads and other key project stakeholders to successfully execute several initiatives for the game. You will be responsible for the delivery of compelling features, aligned to the project roadmap, guiding any external development efforts.
You will be player, product, and quality-focused, leading by example, developing trust and respect amongst the team. You will support and improve planning, development, and release processes on a continuous basis to meet product vision and quality goals.
You will be detail-focused and an expert at balancing team resources, development requirements, and product goals to deliver excellent game features and content. As part of the development of RuneScape it will be vitally important that the right priorities are set to create clarity and focus for the team, supporting their key objectives.
Liaising closely with internal stakeholders, cross-functional teams within the studio, and external partners, you’ll ensure key initiatives and dependencies are tracked and delivered.
Partnering closely with the Executive Producer and Production Team, you will be a motivator, able to leverage your depth of production knowledge to the benefit of the team and guide the talented development teams. Key Duties:
- Support career development for producers and project managers as required by the Executive Producer.
- Work closely with the Executive Producer, Product Directors, and Product Marketing to understand, champion, and translate the product vision to the dev team and all cross-functional stakeholders.
- Contribute to the business review efforts and that they are up to date with content from subject matter experts and key stakeholders - including progress for all initiatives, roadmaps, cross-functional production plans, KPIs, and burndowns.
- At a Dev Team level, support long term capacity and resource planning.
- Contribute and support scaling of development via outsourcing, develop plans and requirements, and review statements of work.
- Anticipate and address potential problems like resource blockers, quality concerns, and scope changes. Communicate effectively to ensure these problems are resolved quickly.
- Assist the production group to organize and improve project management processes, identify problems, and clear blockers to enable the predictable delivery of releases to a high quality.
- Develop rich relationships and partnerships with the Dev Team, cross-functional, and company-wide departments.
- From Agile (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean) to Waterfall, you’ll assess and choose the best and most pragmatic process for the situation to plan and manage development and future roadmaps.
- Conduct regular, effective retrospectives and post-mortem reviews.
- Support, inspire and motivate teams working on the game.
- Champions standards developed by the Executive Producer/Managers for the team and supports overall team health. Drive team cultural changes.
- Hyper-aware of the game industry’s online products, services, and innovations.
- Actively participates and contributes to change across the studio!
- Multiple years of expertise using AGILE, SCRUM, LEAN and Waterfall on mid to large-scale game development.
- Seasoned team leadership experience, inspiring and developing high performing teams.
- Strong analytical mind, with excellent people and communication capabilities.
- Extensive and proven experience in new game development, an emphasis in cross discipline support.
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating innovative and compelling new games.
- Experience with JIRA or similar project tracking software is essential.
- Experience with live operations and post-release content development.
- Familiarity with working alongside co-development partners across different timezones.
- An aptitude for the technical side of game development
- Scrum, PO, PMP certifications.
- Cross platform development experience in PC and Console.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.