This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our clients team in the Nordic region needs a Senior Producer to work on a new open-world multiplayer game.
In this role, you will work with the Executive Producer, other Senior Producers and discipline Leads to prioritize and manage complex organizational and executional issues and determine resources necessary to complete the project. You will assist Leads in solving higher level complex project management issues using project management tools, production methodologies, and leadership level dialogue to maintain tight schedules and high standards of quality. This role also involves identifying and fixing bottlenecks, as well as clearing roadblocks both on the day-to-day and in the longer term.
As a Senior Producer, you will be responsible for enforcing the overall vision for the direction and quality of the game, as well as overseeing, coordinating, tracking and managing the activities of the team to ensure that project goals are completed on time. We expect you to provide progress updates to studio leadership, and to coordinate and manage with internal Brand/Marketing, external Marketing, Outsourcing resources and first party console resources.
Additional tasks include coordinating with Senior Producers in other studios, as well as assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
A Senior Producer is self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented with the ability to coordinate, track, and guide activities of the development team to ensure that projects are completed on time and with high quality. Exposure to formal project management techniques in an internal development environment is a must; experience building and maintaining schedules is necessary.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Extensive game development experience from which at least 5 are in an internal development Production role
- Producer or associate producer on at least 2 shipped AAA multi-platform title
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability through development and delivery teams
- Proficiency with project management and version control software tools such as JIRA and Perforce
- A demonstrated understanding of various Project Management methodologies including Scrum/Agile
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Experience working with larger projects across multiple time zones
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and speaking, as well as good organizational skills
- A calm and deliberate approach within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- An understanding of open-world survival games, their feature and retention values, and the ability to make production decisions based on that understanding
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Experience managing external developers/resources
- Deep knowledge about game development processes for engineering, design and art
- Experience with post-launch support and content updates
- Scrum Master certification