Who We Are
Abstraction Games is an Independent Game Studio where we do our own games, as well as co-development work and adaptations of other games. We started 13 years ago as 2 people in a garden shed, and now have over 50 people in a newly renovated office just outside of Eindhoven, in the Netherlands.
We encourage an open and collaborative atmosphere. We surround ourselves with incredibly talented people who naturally promote a culture of discovery and innovation.
We are currently working on a new IP that we’re not quite ready to talk about here, but we are really excited about it! Additionally, we also do co-development work. As a small company, you’ll have a chance to work on many different projects.
Some of our previous successes are Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, ARK: Survival Evolved, The King of Fighters XIV, Hotline Miami 1&2, Don’t Starve, The Sexy Brutale, Broforce, and many more!
Where We Are
Eindhoven is the tech center of The Netherlands and a thriving international city. It is very modern, progressive, and diverse. Small enough to explore on a bicycle, and large enough to house the technology university, a top-tier football team, and the longest bar and restaurant street in the country.
Day in the life
In this role, you'll …
- Take ownership of a project, know the game, know your team
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of one or more multidisciplinary teams, Run daily stand-ups, chasing actions and removing roadblocks
- Manage production schedules and tracks progress towards deliverables
- Manage client relationships and handle all key communication with the client
- Own and drive the project’s quality
- Work with the Abstraction team, client, key stakeholders and external experts in order to solve client or project issues
- Facilitate constant communication between team members, departments and leadership
- Improve processes, coach team members
Must-have experience and skills
On day one we'll expect you to ...
- Have 5+ years in the video game industry in a management role
- Have shipped AA and/or AAA on multiple platforms at a role related to production or project management
- Care about your project’s quality as much as the efficiency and happiness of your team
- Take ownership of and confidently handle a wide range of situations
- Care to deliver on time, on budget and quality
- Continuously looking to improve processes
- Be a strong & honest communicator
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Be calm and dependable under pressure
- Know Jira (or another project management software) and be comfortable with excel
What separates the best from the rest
Added bonuses you have ...
- You have the maturity and experience to deal with curveballs
- Over-deliver client expectations when the opportunity presents itself
- Comfortable working in multiple projects in flux when needed
- You know when to say ‘no' and when you can’t
- You have dealt with creative projects
- You have dealt with adaptation projects
Work location and time zone
- Full Remote or Full On-site or Hybrid
- Working hours are within the European time zone (CET)
Embrace our core values:
Go beyond boundaries!
- Use a “First Principles” approach.
- Take nothing at face value.
- Define your own path around obstacles.
- Embrace ideas that almost anyone would consider outrageous.
- Perform exceptionally well.
- Strive for symmetry (or intentional dissymmetry), beauty and polish.
- Craft meticulously. Don’t stop when “it’s good enough…”.
- Move mountains.
- Apply the Most Respectful Interpretation approach with one another.
- Maintain a safe environment for us, our partners and consumers.
- Be transparent and do not keep up appearances.
- Be candid and call out someone’s mistake but be nice about it. If you haven’t learned how to do this yet, learn it now.
- Be respectful of other people’s time. Be punctual, prepared, and brief.
- Seek hard problems to solve.
- Be better than yesterday.
- Step out of your comfort zone often, take risks, make mistakes and learn from them.
- Fail fast to succeed sooner.
- Challenge each other to keep growing.
- Blame none other but yourself, embrace failure and move on.