Senior Product Designer
Welcome to Loveshark! On a mission to be the number one social gaming platform for Gen Z girls.
We're a team of creative, kind people building the future of social games. We believe that the old stereotype of a "gamer" is outdated and we are here to shake up the norm and break boundaries. We use technologies like augmented reality and computer vision to create weird and wonderful things. Our people are at the heart of what we do and we believe in the importance of a flexible, balanced and enjoyable working environment.
When the time is right, we plan to move to a mix of remote and office working, with 1 day of your time to be spent at our Loveshark hub in Shoreditch. You'll also be able to come in every day if you prefer.
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Product Designer who takes pride in shipping great products. You listen to the user and data and can craft solid design solutions to quickly take the team on the journey with you. Loveshark is the perfect place for someone who likes to lean in and define processes rather than follow them.
What impact will you make?
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, marketing teams to facilitate design discussions, and ensure the best user experience at LoveShark.
- Collaborate closely with the leadership team to define features and requirements.
- Lead designs across a variety of mediums - mobile apps, mobile web and desktop websites.
- Work end-to-end from research and discovery to delivering final UI. You will produce design flows, information architecture diagrams, create prototypes, and high-fidelity UI for the features within your team.
- Use quantitative user behaviour data and qualitative insights from user testing and interviews to improve designs and the user experience as a whole.
- Help test and refine live features and flows, feeding back improvements to the engineering team.
- Develop and improve our design system in Sketch.
- Collaborate with our marketing team to improve brand guidelines, helping ensure consistency of design across all touch points.
A bit about you…
Aside from being an expert in your field, you have;
- Extensive experience working in creative and forward thinking product companies.
- Extensive experience working in a creative and forward thinking product company.
- An excellent digital portfolio showcasing your problem solving process, along with visual design, functional UI, interaction design and typography across various platforms/product types (iOS/Android/Web)
- Expert in the latest design tools (Sketch, Creative Suite, Zeplin etc) and prototyping tools (e.g. Principle, Marvel, Flinto etc)
- Detailed knowledge of mobile best practices, responsive design, interaction design.
- A great balance between high quality and speed of delivery.
- Confidence presenting to the rest of the team and the ability to manage feedback.
- Desire to mentor others, share knowledge and help colleagues grow.
- An interest and passion for games.
Pushing the boundaries
- Prior experience in designing admin panels and dashboard
- Motion product design experience (Adobe AE, Lottie etc)
Product Team at Loveshark
Welcome to the Product team. We are a cross-disciplinary team that uses data, user research and creativity to ideate and iterate on great products. We are a collaborative bunch and each brings something important to the table to form a tight team.
- Compensation: We offer competitive salaries in line with industry benchmarks, set using extensive market data. We review salaries on an annual basis to make sure we continue to reward people well for their contributions at Loveshark.
- Options: Loveshark employees are granted options and the opportunity to invest in what we are building, developing and to get to share in our future successes.
- Flexible working: As a trusted member of the Loveshark, you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to manage your time and routine in a way that suits you and your team, allowing you to deliver your best work.
- Holiday: We’re a team that likes to work hard, however we need to make sure we balance this with time to rest and relax. We offer unlimited holiday, plus the usual bank holidays and additional time off over the holiday season.
- Equipment: We want to make sure everyone is set up to work effectively, we will provide you with the kit you need to work.
- Social: We’re big on keeping Loveshark a social place to work, regular team socials, weekly lunches - there’s always get-togethers and socials going.
- Pension: We believe in helping our employees save for retirement. .
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process has the following steps:
- CV application review - We will review your CV as quickly as possible and update you on the next steps.
- Let's chat - Quick chat with our HR Manager about your experience and the role.
- Video call interviews - Video calls with the product team and the hiring manager. You’ll walk us through some of your great product design projects
- Product design task - We’ll ask you to complete a short product design exercise so we can get an understanding of your thinking process.
Thinking of applying?
We are a small team with a huge vision. We like to do things differently. We’re not old games industry veterans, we’re young and diverse and it shows in our work. Building the next paradigm of games means that we need the rebels and curious minds. If you don’t have the perfect experience but are excited about this role, apply anyway. Loveshark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.