Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
We are currently looking for a talented Senior Product Manager - Game Economy. You will be highly influential in driving the success of the game and of Jagex’s flagship MMORPG, Old School RuneScape, and an opportunity to work on one of the world’s most community driven games. In this role, you will be influential in driving the in-game economy features and improvements and will collaborate closely with Product Managers, Game Designers, and analysts to devise the strategy for content, feature releases. Reporting to the Lead Product Manager, the successful candidate will be analytical and precise, directly contributing to the game’s commercial success by maximizing player value and engagement, building a deep knowledge, and balancing the game’s economy and feature. You will be responsible for defining and managing economic features that create a fun player experience, further the strategic vision of the product, and drive increased player conversion, engagement, and retention for both lapsed and new players. This is an amazing opportunity to be at the heart of a vibrant and passionate team working on a well-established, widely loved and commercially successful game, and requires an experienced, self-motivated individual.This role requires previous track record and experience in a Senior Product, Economy Design or Analytics role preferably within the video games and/or the massively multiplayer online gaming space. A passion for online games is essential.Key Duties
- Develop and maintain an expert knowledge of the Old School RuneScape game.
- Assess the dynamics of the game economy, player engagement, retention, and monetisation data to build an expert knowledge of the game economy.
- Design, balance, and optimise game economy features. Balance creative input, with quantitative data.
- Define requirements for A/B testing based on different user segments, analyze the results, and make product recommendations based on these results.
- Act as an Agile Product Owner and vision keeper, ensuring that features adhere and align to the game’s product pillars, business goals and product strategy.
- Understanding how product changes might impact key metrics and the game’s community.
- Analyze and deliver appropriate adjustments to metrics and maximize results.
- Utilise models of player engagement and behaviors to inform product thinking.
- Work with Product Marketing to inform marketing plans, strategy and tactics for product releases.
- Work with Community Management to develop deep community insights to inform product thinking and initiatives.
- Exceptional analytical skills and experience building game economies, financial models and defining data needs.
- Uses experience to connect high level thinking to detailed/low level implementation
- Stays up to date on industry trends and thinking
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous high priority tasks successfully.
- Demonstrate a successful product management track record within the games industry
- Proven ability to deliver data driven decisions and apply key insights based on game knowledge to drive product requirements and solutions.
- Ability to bring structure & innovative solutions to abstract problems
- Excellent at distilling information concisely and effectively to senior stakeholders
- A passion for online gaming and knowledge of MMORPG market
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.