Creative Assembly are looking for a Senior Product Manager who can lead, manage and expand our mobile platform strategy across all areas of our portfolio. This role will be based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
A new role for the studio, working across internal and external project teams, responsible for identifying partners and opportunities that will drive mobile product potential across our franchises, working to make them a reality. As a senior, commercially strategic role, this position has a significant bottom-line responsibility for a key area of CA’s business.
At CA, all current mobile development projects are handled externally in partnership with developers and publishers around the world. This role will own overall responsibility for managing that portfolio and developing it further by leveraging opportunities around our IP and roadmap, to create high-quality mobile products and deliver incredible experiences for players.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be involved in the following:
- Provide senior-level leadership for all CA mobile platform projects, directing the studio-wide strategy for current and potential products
- Own commercial business development responsibly for our mobile portfolio, working closely with SEGA’s Business Development and Legal teams, alongside the studio’s senior leadership team
- Identify project opportunities and partners proactively and respond reactively to interest expressed in our portfolio. Involving analysing design and proposal documentation, helping to negotiate and feedback on contracts and contributing to our stakeholder approval process
- Work in partnership with our in-house development and brand product teams to manage stakeholder involvement, design, and production collaboration. To ensure we are maximising opportunities across our wider portfolio campaigns
- During production, work closely with the assigned internal design and production leads to help determine the project MVP, key milestones, KPIs and ongoing feedback
- Work alongside project teams in defining live operations plans, understand post-launch roadmaps and being abreast of player feedback and ongoing event plans
- Maintaining a firm and impressive understanding of the mobile market with demonstrable knowledge of successful models, game mechanics and how they are applied to different global markets, in particular China and Southeast Asia.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Senior-level experience with product, marketing, licensing, business development or similarly related strategic commercial role
- Significant mobile market, publishing and product experience; understanding of relevant metrics, monetisation and service games, with experience of the Chinese and Asia markets in particular
- General games industry, entertainment or applicable FMCG market familiarity
- Previous strategic vision ownership and key partner relationship management
- Knowledgeable of platform holder and territory technical requirements for mobile formats and markets
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to create clear and concise pitches, reports and presentations
- Interest or applicable experience in mobile game design, business and economic models
- Direct game development experience, on mobile projects or generally
- A passion for games with an understanding of Creative Assembly’s current portfolio.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio, as we push the boundaries in creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedication motion capture facility. We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and are developing more flexible ways of working for the future. Right now, we are actively recruiting and onboarding staff with our expert IT and HR teams setting you up for success remotely, whether you’re relocating now or will be in the future.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- We are developing more flexible ways of working to give everyone at CA the balance and space they need. We also offer enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.