A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Job Overview: JAGEX is looking for a highly collaborative and energetic Senior Product Marketing Manager with proven success in brand development, product marketing and cross-functional team leadership for its flagship franchise, RuneScape.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, RuneScape and based in Cambridge, UK, the Senior Product Marketing Manager will deliver brand and product work for RuneScape’s Live Service and Platform Channels. Ideal candidate will have extensive experience in product marketing, digital marketing, and brand strategy. Mobile games marketing experience a plus.Key Duties Include:
- Drive the development and execution of RuneScape Live Service and platform go-to-market plans
- Define and champion the franchise vision, brand identity and product positioning based on close partnership with development, analytics, and research teams
- Partner with development to develop product roadmap and strategic plans around user acquisition, engagement, and retention, and help execute against the plans and tactics
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across Executive, UA, Research, Analytics, Creative, CRM Social. Community, Influencer, and Promotions to drive best in class marketing campaigns
- Partner with internal and external creative teams to develop stand out and effective creative: logos, key art, and videos, icons, and storefronts.
- Working alongside Head of Digital to define annual acquisition and requisition targets and budget required to hit business goals and objectives
- Working alongside Head of Social and Community to define Social & Video strategy, budget requests and KPI’s
- Create meaningful CRM programs with Head of CRM
- Develop global PR strategy with Director of Comms
- Grow, manage and mentor 1 to 2 marketing managers
- Experience in brand management, brand strategy, product marketing, and building tactical marketing plans
- Strong cross-functional project management and coordination experience
- Solid marketing creative development and management experience
- Prior work with first party stores and Mobile Free-To-Play marketing a plus
- Passion for videogames preferably in MMO or RPG genres
- BA/BS degree
- MBA preferred
- Experience working in global marketing roles at top tier companies or consumer brands.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.