We are working with a C/C++ game studio looking for a forward-thinking Senior programmer to join a phenomenal team and continue to take the gaming industry by storm at their studio in the NW of England. This role is offered to candidates able to work remote in the UK and Ireland or onsite at our studio.
As a Senior Programmer you will be responsible for the day to day development of game features across one or many platforms. You will also be responsible for the design and implementation of game systems within a title, potentially mentoring and managing one or two junior programmers to help achieve your goals.
In a typical day:
You will be required to design, implement and debug features within the game you are working on, potentially working across multiple platforms simultaneously. You know how to use the tools required, including dev kits to refine and polish the game systems to meet the highest standards. You will have super interpersonal skills enabling you to accurately report progress and issues as the feature progresses, allowing you and your team to manage the progress of the project. Finally, you will be able to share your knowledge and experience with the rest of the team, improving their abilities on a daily basis.
What you need:
- 4+ years of commercial C/C++ experience, coding and debugging using OpenGL and DirectX
- At least one area of specialism within game developments (graphics engine, physics, networking...).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Great if you have these skills:
- Good time management and self-motivation skills
- Ability to take direction and constructive feedback
- Experience with small team management, and mentoring
- Knowledge of large scale asset pipelines
- Knowledge of source control and asset management tools
- Pension, Medical. Dental...
- Flexi Time
- No crunch
Do you think this role is for you?
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 1030.
We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency and value diversity. We do not discriminate.
We are a GDPR compliant company.