Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As a Senior QA Tester you’ll be writing and implementing test strategies, supporting team members and juniors and maintaining excellent quality at all times.
What you tell your friends you do
“I’m like a ghostbuster although I find bugs instead of ghosts! I make sure every game we release is up to scratch and ready to be played by millions of people”
What you will really be doing
- Help / assist Test Leads in delivering successful QA projects
- Write, manage and update test strategies with the Test Lead
- Be the main project POC in the absence of leads
- Guide and mentor testers to deliver quality output
- Train Junior testers when needed
- Maintain quality conformance to internal standards and project specific requirements
- Update all bug databases with accurate and complete information
- Complete all tasks assigned, as per instructions and timelines
- Work closely with other team-members to share, discuss and clarify issues essential to effective execution of project
- Identify and help implement opportunities for improvement in security, quality and process controls
- Ensure strict compliance to Information security policy and quality standards
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- At least 3 year of experience of “hands-on” testing on any one of the (PC, Mobile,Consoles) platforms
- Experience of mentoring small teams on QA projects
- Strong critical thinking - ability to identify issues and bugs in games
- Excellent (English) communication skills - ability to describe identified issues in clear and concise manner
- Experience testing server dependant applications
- A methodical, scientific and analytical mindset
- Knowledge of the PC, Console and Mobile Platforms in terms of hardware and software
- Passion for games
- Strong proficiency in usage of spreadsheets, MS office and PC & internet
- Ability to work effectively with other team-members
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in project requirements and instructions, and to work as per shift-timings applicable to project
- Experience working within Google Play Console, AppStore Connect
- Experience testing ad mediation platforms like IronSource and MoPub
- Knowledge of Jenkins and an understanding of multi-branch development
- Knowledge of AB testing
- Experience of leading small teams whilst working on QA projects
- ISTQB and/or similar certification in software testing
- Experience in game compliance QA on any (Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft) of the platforms
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
- Relocation support available
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.