BANDAI NAMCO Europe is a leading global publisher and developer of entertainment content, known worldwide for its successful video games franchises including Tekken™, SOULCALIBUR™, PAC-MAN™, Dark Souls™ and Little Nightmares.
The company is also a recognised leader in games based on Japanese anime properties including One Piece, Dragon Ball, Naruto™, etc.
BANDAI NAMCO Europe, as the western content hub of BANDAI NAMCO Inc., has a bright future to look forward to, with upcoming projects such as Unknown 9, Park Beyond, more on The Dark Pictures, and many more exciting unannounced projects.
Part of the Japanese BANDAI NAMCO group, an entertainment industry leader with a presence in video games, toys and amusement parks, BANDAI NAMCO Europe has 15 international offices with operations in 50 countries around the world.
Our company motto is “More fun for everyone”! Find out why you should join the BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe by following us on LinkedIn.
Are you ready to live a thrilling experience in a fast-paced and multicultural environment where you can work on ambitious video games? We have the perfect job opportunity for you!
Within the EMEA Headquarters of BANDAI NAMCO based in Lyon, you join the Quality Control team under the supervision of his Manager.
You Manage and monitor all the test activities of the Publishing Games you are responsible for (Compliance, Functionality…). You ensure a constant follow-up, validate each test phase, and organize the information flows between the involved departments in accordance with company processes, budget and lead-times. You initiate process creation and advocate for continual improvement in testing methods to match the game engine evolution and development teams’ requests.
Your principal responsibilities will be as follows:
- Ownership, administration and communication of all QA related project data and associated risks for all assigned projects
- Own the test schedules and test budgets
- Create multi-discipline test plans within lead times and budget constraints and communicate them to the external testing providers and other stakeholders
- Constant monitoring of the test vendors’ activities from start to finish on each project
- Create, update, and communicate regular game status information and recommendations to project stakeholders, having an advisory role with development and production
- Collate reports and feedback from multi-discipline testing with several external testing teams, ensuring the relevance of test effort VS the game status
- Report on overall project progress at each test phase
- Organize the bug report database and bug flows creation with all the BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment QA regions
- Evaluate the fixing priority of specific bugs according to the title release constraints (schedule, product quality and test budget), communicate it and convince stakeholders of the fixing priority relevance
- Analyze and communicate the risks/issues related to submissions of console games and internal approval of PC games and update the relevant stakeholders
Knowledge and skills:
- Mastery of Microsoft Office software (Excel, SharePoint…)
- Strong experience in JIRA use, including flow creation, dashboards, and custom filters creation
- Experience with test plan tracking tools such as Tests Rail
- Strong knowledge of video game production and development cycles
- Knowledge of the video game industry and game types
- Fluent level of English, both written and oral
Experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (BAC+3) in project management
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior QA role (i.e. QA lead/supervisor or similar), with strong experience working with development teams, as well as external QA teams
- Proven experience in a process-driven environment and creating / implementing innovative testing procedures and materials
- Experience in driving the QA process, breaking this down into phases, anticipate and communicate risks as the project moves through milestones
- Rigorous, conscientious, and curious
- Strong teamwork skills (with both internal and external parties)
- Strong sense of organization and ability to handle priorities among several tasks to be performed in parallel
- Ability to analyze a situation with objectivity and pragmatism to ensure the relevance and accuracy of solutions proposed and communication to be made
- Ability to adapt and handle workload changes within the year
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Ability to learn and use new tools and methods
- Innovation and pro-activity
How to apply ?
Please send us your CV and cover letter in English.
Location : 15 rue Felix Mangini, 69009 LYON - FRANCE
Start date: as soon as possible
Contract: Permanent contract, full time