We are Vertigo Games, the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world. As our Amsterdam studio is in full production of its most ambitious project to date, a true multi-platform high-end VR action shooter based on a global franchise, and with plans to start the next project this year, we are looking to recruit a Senior Rendering Programmer who can aid us in our mission.
Are you looking to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team to steer implementation of engaging game features and systems for our groundbreaking VR games and experiences? Then we should meet!
- To stand at the core of larger engine changes and expansions, working closely with the tech lead, with the artists and with our core tech team so all our projects can benefit from sharable technology.
- To use your knowledge of C++, object orientation, design patterns, algorithms and data structures to create solid technical designs and efficient implementations of these engine systems and adjustments.
- To constantly take performance into account so our games and experiences can keep running at a smooth 72+ FPS, even when rendering to both eyes and using the latest and greatest mobile hardware to do so.
- To adapt and expand upon our studio pipeline and coding standards to create spectacular and immersive games and experiences.
- To use your knowledge of rendering, shaders and math to create new graphical features that enable our art team to create the highest visual standard for VR.
- To analyze problems and debug them in order to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs.
- To guide and mentor less experienced programmers so they can quickly improve within the studio.
- You are technical and collaborative at the same time.
- You are algorithmic and low level focused.
- You are excited by the potential of VR.
- You have clear experience working on the low level side of game engines (preferably Unreal Engine 4) to create special features or functionality that can be used in games, or you have clear experience setting up your own engine, including a rendering pipeline, and at a good optimization level
- You have written a number of engine adjustments or engine parts in C++ and have a great understanding of all the basic concepts of the language like the object oriented approach, pointers and references, containers, inheritance, polymorphism, functions, structures, and visibility. Next to that you also have good understanding of some of the more advanced concepts like smart pointer types, templates, multiple inheritance, and overloading.
- You have experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- It is a clear bonus if you have already worked in VR.
- You are eligible to work in the EU.
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance.
- A hybrid working model with two office days per week.
- Career coaching and a personal development budget.
- 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats.
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation.
- 26 standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more.
- Free train commuting to and from the office.
- Free pension plan.
- A healthy lunch in our canteen.
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam.
- Thursday afternoon drinks.
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home.
- Whilst working from home we provide all the relevant hardware, budget for a desk and chair and a contribution toward your energy costs.
Vertigo Games is a multi-platform VR entertainment company with offices in Rotterdam & Amsterdam (NL) and Los Angeles, California (USA).
With experienced teams in the areas of Studios, Publishing and Arcades, the company develops, publishes and distributes a growing portfolio of quality VR games that offer a novel, powerful and full-featured gaming experience both in- and outside of the home.
In 2020, Vertigo Games joined the leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products, Koch Media, now PLAION (a subsidiary of the Embracer Group), adding VR gaming to the Group’s global network.
In 2021, the company announced it has five more high-end titles in the pipeline for the coming years.