This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM have now partnered with this fantastic F2P Games Development Studio based in Central London to help them expand as they take on more exciting project.
They are a collective of passionate designers, engineers and artists who all share the same obsession: making action-packed, visually stunning games that can be played and enjoyed by everyone. They develop these games from instinctive, aspirational ideas and themes.
They are looking for a Server / Network Programmer to join the team as they continue to make great games!
• Growing their multiplayer service into innovative new areas across new titles, using the latest technology to develop the most compelling online experience for their players.
• Designing and building new online functionality in a maintainable, robust and flexible manner, ensuring scalability and readiness for rapid post-launch updates in response to customer feedback.
• Writing tools where necessary to empower artists, designers and customer services to administrate the online services as much as possible.
• Be actively involved in design discussions to make best use of technology.
In return you will be rewarded with competitive salary, great company benefits and an excellent working environment.
• Broad experience of server/network programming and principles, including database design, replication, load balancing, reliable/unreliable messaging, latency minimisation, security.
• Proven professional experience of server/network development in high load scenarios.
• Games and/or Unity experience desirable but not essential.
• A passion for the latest Web technology, an interest in games a definite advantage.