Senior Server Engineer (C++)
Sports Interactive are seeking a committed and experienced Senior Server Engineer to play a pivotal role in shaping an exciting mobile project.
Working in a small and energetic games as a service team, you will be integral to the planning and implementation of a robust server architecture to propel the product into live service and beyond.
As an expert in your craft, you have experience of designing and architecting C++ server code, as well as the ability to maintain and build upon existing features and code. Professional experience of SQL database architecture planning and development is desirable.
You will preferably have online and mobile gaming development experience, along with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for video games.
- Work closely with the Lead Developer and server team to develop and improve client, server, and database architecture
- Game performance assessment, support, and optimisation
- Design and develop solutions addressing reliability, scalability and security
- Implement industry best practices from an architectural and engineering standpoint
- Directly involved with developing, maintaining, shipping, and supporting full development cycle of multiple client/server-based games
- Excellent C++ knowledge, including modern C++
- Expertise with network programming and optimisation
- Experience coding against large data systems
- Multi-threaded application development knowledge
- A champion of code quality and a proven mentor
- Excellent communication skills, able to work in a team as well as independently
- Professional experience with web and cloud technologies such as Azure, GCP or similar services
- Experience in deploying, operating, and scaling dedicated game servers for session-based, multiplayer games
- Experience developing, maintaining and running live ops for world-scale games
- SQL DB architectural experience
- Familiar with Linux Development
- js and backend development
- Strong interest in mobile gaming
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.