Senior Software Developer - Unity
Kano is looking for an experienced game developer with a proven track record of developing, implementing and releasing mobile games in Unity. You will be working on our Idle team, which includes Idle Distiller, as well as exciting unannounced titles. You are responsible for the development, testing and code quality of mobile games that are played by tens of thousands of people around the world.
You will be solving complex problems and raising the technical bar for Idle games. You also effectively collaborate with others to provide technical expertise to identified issues and work with other teams and departments throughout the development process - from start to finish.
As a key member of a small team, you have the opportunity to have the code you write deployed quickly, improving the gaming experience for our players, and you are committed to building games that cater to our players’ wants and needs – not our own.
We offer flexible hours to accommodate real lives (the ones outside of the office too!), a good-natured and nerdy group of peers, the opportunity to make an impact in the work you do. The position is open to remote work across Canada, with offices in beautiful Victoria, BC as well as Montreal.
Your background should include:
- 5+ years development with high-level languages
- 4+ years of development with Unity and C#, with at least 1 live title
- Deep understanding of creating mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Deep understanding of the tools and processes involved in operating a game-as-a-service
- Product-centric development: you think about the end result
- Proven ability to think strategically as well as recent hands-on programming experience
- You have created applications that serve thousands of people at a time with ease
- Strong understanding of OOP and modern software design principles
- A strong desire to build something that people really want
It'd be a big plus if you have:
- Experience shipping social or mobile applications (iOS, Android, Facebook, etc)
- Back-end or full-stack development experience (PHP, MongoDB, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with AWS
- Working knowledge or experience with Unix/Linux
- Continuous integration and automated testing experience
Bootstrapped in 2008, we have been a profitable and growing game studio for over a decade. With hits like Free Rider HD and Mob Wars LCN (Top 100 grossing app on Facebook), and our recent growing success Idle Distiller, we hope to contribute to the world by connecting people through play.
Locally owned and headquartered in downtown Victoria, BC, we believe in giving small teams of talented people challenging problems and getting out of their way. That’s why we look for the best and brightest to join our team; people who have talent, vision, and commitment.
Check out this article if you'd like to get some insight into our hiring process, our employee manual to understand how and why we do things the way we do, or this fun little video for an intro to the team. Or follow #kanoapps on social!
- 2022 Best Workplaces™ in Canada – Less than 50 employees
- 2022 Best Workplaces™ for Today's Youth
- 2021 Best Workplace™ in British Columbia
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ in Canada – Less than 100 employees
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ for Inclusion
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ for Mental Wellness
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ in British Columbia
- 2019 Great Place to Work - British Columbia
- 2019 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2018 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 Employees) - Winner
- 2018 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2017 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 employees) - Finalist
- 2014 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Winner
- A results-driven company with a compassionate culture
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Uncapped profit share program
- Opportunity to work on game projects that are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide!
- Ability to make a difference. Have an idea? Talk directly with leadership about it instead of running through layers of bureaucracy
*Kano is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law*