Senior Software Engineer
Similar jobs like this one
Senior Software Engineer
Weaver Interactive Inc.
Sr. Software Engineer
Weaver is a technology-driven entertainment company focused on the convergence of AI,
blockchain, and interactive entertainment. We build groundbreaking products for a Web3 world.
We’re a passionate group of technologists, game designers, and storytellers who like to think BIG. Ideas can always be scaled down, but nothing great ever came from thinking small. Well, except for nanotechnology, that’s kind of a big deal... oh, and munchkins are pretty freakin’ delicious... ooooh, and what about those genetically modified miniature ponies? OMG. Soooo cute!
Anyhoo, the point is, our mission is to make magical products that blow people’s minds. And when you’re in the mind-blowing business, you need a diverse team of talented people to make it happen.
We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer with a proven track record of shipping high-quality experiences using the Unity Game Engine. You will be extending our Unity-based game engine and next gen AI systems to help us create an amazing (and truly delightful) game experience. You will join a tight-knit team of talented engineers who are welcoming of their new peers and who look forward to out-of-the-box thinking. We’re passionate about our software and the games we build on it. We weigh talent and enthusiasm as much as experience as we look to fill this role.
If this sounds interesting, please get in touch. We’d love you to join us in shaping the future of entertainment.
Weaver is headquartered in New York City, but you can live and work wherever you want. We hope to build a diverse and inclusive company and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, walks of life, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law.
- Report to technology lead for assignments, including: software architecture, design, specification, coding, standing up services, analytics, and analysis
- Extend and support our suite of tools, services, and client applications
- Contribute to and improve the content creation workflow used by our content creators (authors and artists).
- Collaborate closely across departments to remove bottlenecks and improve efficiency through tools and automation
- Participate in every aspect of project life-cycle, from ideation and architecture through to specification, quality assurance, release, and live-ops
- Take care that user data is protected and that software services are hardened against intrusion and manipulation
- Participate with engineers in code reviews and code maintenance, including refactoring of existing systems
- Optimize game code and systems for performance and thermal output
- Coordinate with other departments as needed to ensure cohesion of features and that product goals are met
- Provide mentorship of junior engineers
- Create and maintain technical design documents
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Shipped at least 4 games as core/lead engineer or equivalent
- Highly Experienced (prefer Seasoned) Unity developer
- Highly Experienced (prefer Seasoned) C# programmer
- Firm grasp of modern best practices for software development, including Agile methodologies, version control, etc.
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design, and OOP
- Experience in debugging and diagnostics
- Understanding of computer fundamentals: memory management, caching, stack frames, garbage collection, latency, bandwidth.
- Experience with cross-platform development
- Highly self-motivated, focused
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mindful of user experience
Pluses (Not Required)
- Experience with modern artificial intelligence systems, preferably GPT-3 and its ilk
- Experience with shader language
- Firm grasp of discrete mathematics
- Experience with vector math
- Experience using Agile development with SCRUM
- Experience with common Unity APIs used for live games
- Experience/Interest in desktop or mobile gaming, artificial intelligence, writing, NFTs
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Option Plan
- Medical & Dental & Vision
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible Work Environment
- Parental Leave
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter