It’s a great time to be part of the Media Molecule team as the studio undergoes an exciting period of growth and evolution. We are now looking for a talented senior sound designer to join our Audio team and help with our award winning, user-created content project, Dreams. This is without doubt, one of the best Audio roles around. There’s huge scope for impact in this role, with ownership of both musical and audio design. The senior sound designer will take ownership of a product area, assessing its needs, creating the necessary sounds, and guiding any additional work that needs to be taken on (e.g. handling a session musician or VO recording session etc.)
What are we looking for?
- Ability to produce sounds that inspire and impress us. They should understand what is required to make a game sound good and be able to demonstrate that knowledge with examples of work.
- An intimate knowledge of sound recording, mixing, editing etc. They should have experience recording different material, and an understanding of all the practicalities involved.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of using at least one game sound implementation system. E.g. Wwise, FMOD, Unity, Unreal etc.
- a working knowledge of an in-game implementation system or have used some form of scripting language. Experience with logic is an important part of this role.
- Demonstrable knowledge using systems like UE4 Blueprints, Max MSP or other visual logic systems is highly desirable.
- The candidate should show some musical knowledge and composition skills. The ability to compose and engineer music is an important feature of this post.
- Previous experience in the games industry
- A proactive, creative and collaborative approach
We are accepting applications from people with varied levels of experience.
To apply for this position please submit your CV & show-reel showing footage featuring your work
If you can, please make sure your showreel is short and to the point – no more than 1:30 in length. Show us your best work, and your ability to make some editorial choices too!